Week August 19, 2013: Program Management Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
New Group Discussions
- Day 6 and 7 “How Can Technology Transform Adult Education and Current Practice?” Focusing on Productivity & Infrastructure – Join Part 4 of the discussion centered on the recently released draft report: Connected Teaching and Personalized Learning: Implications of the National Education Technology Plan (NETP) for Adult Education on productivity and infrastructure today! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-6-and-7-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practice%E2%80%9D-focusing-
- Supporting Adult Student Motivation – LINCS Regional Professional Development Center (RPDC) for Region 2 is offering a 3-part webinar/study circle series this summer, Supporting Adult Student Motivation, for practitioners in Region 2. Tune in for summaries of highlights from the three webinars and share the work you have done in your programs and classrooms to support adult learner engagement, motivation, and persistence. https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/supporting-adult-student-motivation
- List of Foundations that Provide Grants to ‘Bridge the Digital Divide’ – Are you looking for ways to fund an existing or a new technology initiative within your program? Browse the list of foundations that support bridging the digital divide: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/list-foundations-provide-grants-bridge-digital-divide
- Best Sites for Math, Reading, History, and English – The Arkansas Adult Learning Resource Center has shared their list of best sites for education, and members of the LINCS Community have added to the list. Share your best sites with us! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/best-sites-math-reading-history-and-english
New Group Bulletins
- Share Your Knowledge! How Can Technology Transform Adult Education and Current Practice? The American Institute for Research (AIR) in collaboration with the LINCS Community is hosting an online discussion centered on the recently released draft report: Connected Teaching and Personalized Learning: Implications of the National Education Technology Plan (NETP) for Adult Education. The online discussion, guided by Drs. Art Graesser and David Rosen, is currently taking place in the Technology and Learning group until today, Monday, August 19. Join the vibrant discussion here:
- Learning (cross-posted to the Disabilities group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-first-day-discussion-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-pr
- Assessment (cross-posted to the Formative Assessment group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-three-our-discussion-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practi
- Teaching (cross-posted to the Evidence-based Professional Development group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-four-our-discussion-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practic
- Productivity and Infrastructure (cross-posted to the Program Management group): https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-6-and-7-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practice%E2%80%9D-focusing-
Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab!
New to the Program Management group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-2
See you in the Program Management group!
The LINCS Community Team