Week December 9, 2013: Program Management Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
- Digital Badges Discussion Q3: Where do badges derive their value, what is their value, and how might it evolve? How do you think your students would respond to using digital badges as a way to indicate successful completion learning outcomes? https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/digital-badges-discussion-q3-where-do-badges-derive-their-value-what-their-value-and-how-
- Digital Badges Discussion Q2: What are the roles for quality & content standards (in awarding badges)? Of accreditation? Development processes? What are the bottom-up or top-down processes needed for developing badges? Do you see a place for digital badges in your own work? https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/digital-badges-discussion-q2-what-are-roles-quality-content-standards-awarding-badges-acc
- Welcome to Digital Badges Discussion Q1: How are badges different from credentialing methods used in the past? Adult education examples may include career pathways, certificates, and stackable credentials. How are these similar and different from digital badges? https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-digital-badges-discussion-q1-how-are-badges-different-credentialing-methods-used-
- Census Data and State Data-based Profiles: In last week’s OVAE Connection, there was an article on how state data-based profiles underscored the need for adult education programs. How have you used Census data in your programs? In addition to Census data, what other resources have you found to be helpful in managing an adult education program? Share your experience here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/census-data-and-state-data-based-profiles
- Study Regarding Open Entry Instruction: Please share any research around open entry/exit program models in comparison to managed enrollment program models that you are aware of in this thread to assist a group member with her inquiry: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/study-regarding-open-entry-instruction
- Digital Badges Discussion in the Technology and Learning Group Starts Today! Join guests Steve Reder and David Wiley in the Technology and Learning group to participate in a week-long discussion about digital badges, following the release of the OVAE-sponsored report produced by the American Institutes for Research (AIR): The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners. For the discussion schedule and links to the discussion, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/digital-badges-discussion-technology-and-learning-group-starts-today
Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/259/content/bulletins
- LINCS is Counting Down to 2014! Follow LINCS on Twitter (@LINCS_ED) or LinkedIn (LINCS_ED) to count down to 2014 with us! LINCS will be highlighting one resource each day until 2014 in each of the LINCS' 16 topic areas. For more information, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/lincs-counting-down-2014
- Announcing the Youth and Adult Pathways Event Series & Microgroup: The Youth and Adult Pathways (YAP) Event Series is an OVAE project executed by the Manhattan Strategy Group. The project aims to complement and enhance OVAE’s past and ongoing career pathways work by bringing the career and technical education (CTE) and the adult education communities together. We invite all interested members to join this new microgroup found in the Career Pathways group! Read more about YAP activities here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/announcing-youth-and-adult-pathways-event-series-microgroup
- New OVAE Initiative Produces Theoretical Framework for Immigrant Integration: Adult educators interested in the services that need to be provided to low- and high-skilled immigrants in order to help them attain integration can benefit from a new theoretical framework produced by the Networks for Integrating New Americans initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE). Read more about this initiative and the framework here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/new-ovae-initiative-produces-theoretical-framework-immigrant-integration
- Digital Badges Discussion Starts Today! Join guests Steve Reder and David Wiley in the Technology and Learning group to participate in a week-long discussion about digital badges, following the release of the OVAE-sponsored report produced by the American Institutes for Research (AIR): The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners. For the discussion schedule and links to the discussion, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/digital-badges-discussion-starts-today
New to the Program Management group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-2
See you in the Program Management group!
The LINCS Community Team