Week June 24, 2013: Program Management Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
Take a Break for Free Professional Development This Week!
This week, the LINCS Community will host a webinar and guest discussion with Gayle Box and Joyce Bullock of Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE). Kentucky has been at the forefront of standards-based instruction and has recently completed the second year of a three-year professional development model for standards-based instruction focusing on the KYAE Common Core State Standards in English/Language Arts and Mathematics.
During the webinar this afternoon, Gayle and Joyce, along with KYAE instructors and program administrators, will guide members through the PD materials and resources found at http://www.kyae.ky.gov/educators/CCSPD.htm and share how these materials can be adapted for use by other states.
Update: We have reached capacity for the webinar and registration is now closed. After the webinar this afternoon, we will post the link to the presentation and you are invited to join the guest discussion throughout the week in the College and Career Standards, Evidence-based Professional Development, and Program Management groups.
Activity Schedule - Week of June 24th
- Monday, June 24 (2:00-3:00 PM ET): Webinar Introduction of the KYAE Common Core Standards and explore the KYAE Common Core Standards Professional Development Materials
- Tuesday, June 25: Getting Started with Professional Development for Standards-Based Adult Education
- Wednesday, June 26: Ask a Standards-In-Action Teacher Day
- Thursday, June 27: Ask a Standards-In-Action Program Administrator Day
- Friday, June 28: Open Discussion
Learn more about this event and post a question for the presenters at:https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/kentucky-adult-educations-standards-professional-development-resources-webinar-and-guest-
We hope you can join us throughout the week!
New Group Discussions
- Improvement Research and the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching – The Carnegie Foundation website contains a wealth of resources, articles, and publications. For a synopsis of what is available, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/improvement-research-and-carnegie-foundation-advancement-teaching
- Adult Education: Leading Transformational Change – The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education hosted their 2013 National Meeting for Adult Education State Directors at the end of May. The presentations have been archived on the meeting website. For more information: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/adult-education-leading-transformational-change
New Group Bulletins
- Call for Presenters: National Conference on Effective Transitions in Adult Education – The proposal deadline for the 7th annual conference on November 13-15, 2013 in Providence, RI is June 24, 2013. For more information: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/call-presenters-national-conference-effective-transitions-adult-education-0
- The ACP-SC Webcast Series Presents: Adult Career Pathways in Correctional Education and Re-entry Programs – Join John Linton from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education for the final webcast in the ACP-SC webcast series. For more information and to register, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/acp-sc-webcast-series-presents-adult-career-pathways-correctional-education-and-re-entry-pr
Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the new Bulletin tab!
New to the Program Management group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-2
See you in the Program Management group!
The LINCS Community Team