Week September 2, 2013: Program Management Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
New Group Discussions
- Teachers and Student Self-Regulation – Join the conversation on how teachers are improving student motivation and persistence in the classroom through student goal setting and follow-up on student progress: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/teachers-and-student-self-regulation
- Self-Efficacy and Adult Student Motivation - LINCS Regional Professional Development Center (RPDC) for Region 2 offered a 3-part webinar/study circle series this summer, Supporting Adult Student Motivation, for practitioners in Region 2. The series was facilitated by Cris Smith, an associate professor at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Read the highlights from the first webinar on Self-Efficacy and Adult Student Motivation: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/self-efficacy-and-adult-student-motivation
- Day 6 and 7 “How Can Technology Transform Adult Education and Current Practice?” Focusing on Productivity & Infrastructure – Join Part 4 of the discussion centered on the recently released draft report: Connected Teaching and Personalized Learning: Implications of the National Education Technology Plan (NETP) for Adult Education on productivity and infrastructure today! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/day-6-and-7-%E2%80%9Chow-can-technology-transform-adult-education-and-current-practice%E2%80%9D-focusing-
- Best Sites for Math, Reading, History, and English – The Arkansas Adult Learning Resource Center has shared their list of best sites for education, and members of the LINCS Community have added to the list. Share your best sites with us! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/best-sites-math-reading-history-and-english
New Group Bulletins
- Queens Library Job Opportunity: Director of Learning and Literacy, Jamaica, NY – https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/queens-library-job-opportunity-director-learning-and-literacy-jamaica-ny
- Job Opening: Adult Basic Education Directory, Madison, WI – https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/job-opening-adult-basic-education-director
Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab!
New LINCS Announcements
- Math and Science Adult Educators – Professional Development Opportunity – The OER STEM project, funded by OVAE, is offering a professional development opportunity to adult educators who teach math and science to basic or below postsecondary adult learners. For more information on this opportunity, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/math-and-science-adult-educators-%E2%80%93-professional-development-opportunity
- Adult literacy practitioners’ use of materials: Reading Teacher Research Survey – The Center for the Study of Adult Literacy is conducting a research study on the kinds of texts and teaching practices used in adult literacy centers. If you are a reading instructor, participate in the study here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/adult-literacy-practitioners-use-materials-reading-teacher-research-survey
New to the Program Management group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-2
See you in the Program Management group!
The LINCS Community Team