The U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is putting a spotlight on the top 10 most visited resources on WorkforceGPS Disability Community of Practice (CoP) for 2018. We hope these resources continue to be helpful to you in the new year as we all work together to improve employment outcomes for people with disabilities.
- The Playlists: Disability Resources for WIOA Practitioners- High-quality service to individuals with disabilities is a critical goal of WIOA partners and practitioners. You may obtain a wealth of technical assistance resources to help you reach that goal with these ten playlists.
- DEI Best Practices Highlights- This page contains mini-brief summaries of disability and employment best practices currently being implemented by Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) grantees.
- Disability and Apprenticeship- Apprenticeships are a great way for people with disabilities to gain entry into a number of well-paying occupations in the technology, manufacturing, construction, and health care industries.
- Workplace Resources for Targeted Disabilities- The percentage of those with a disability in the U.S. civilian population slightly increased from 11.9% in 2010 to 12.8% in 2016. In 2016, 35.9% of people with disabilities ages 18 to 64 living in the community were employed. Employment rates vary by types of disability.
- Connect the Pieces – Dual Customer Focus- These resources are designed to help connect three key pieces together -- the American Job Center, the employer and individuals with disabilities.
- Workplace Resources for the Deaf- Based on the National Institutes of Health, approximately 15 percent of American adults (37.5 million) aged 18 and over report some trouble hearing. Resources listed on integrating an individual who is deaf in the workplace.
- Disability Technical Assistance Videos- Tired of reading documents and reports? These videos can help you learn about disability employment issues as well as humanize the work we do to help connect the pieces.
- Workplace Resources for Mental Health-The national unemployment rate for individuals receiving public mental health services is approximately 80 percent. The following links are workplace resources for employing and accommodating individuals with this disability.
- Disability Focus Employer Tax Incentives-Businesses accommodating or hiring employees with disabilities may qualify for tax credits and deductions. There are three federal tax incentives available. More information and additional resource links are provided within this resource page.
- Workplace Resources for Autism Spectrum Disorder- It is estimated that more than 3.5 million Americans live with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD affects each individual differently with a range of symptoms occurring at varying intensities from mild to severe in relation to social and communication skills.
Thank you Mike! These are great resources!