The Social Security Administration’s (SSA’s) Analyzing Relationships between Disability, Rehabilitation and Work (ARDRAW) Small Grant Program is a one-year $10,000 stipend program awarded to graduate-level students to conduct supervised independent research designed to foster new analysis of work, rehabilitation, and disability issues, which may develop innovative and fresh perspectives on disability. ARDRAW focuses on research relevant to SSA’s work incentives and employment supports – specifically rehabilitation, work and the disability program.
Potential research areas of inquiry include, but are not limited to:
- Working conditions of SSA beneficiaries
- Work accommodations and needs of SSA beneficiaries
- Non-competitive employment for SSA beneficiaries
- Vocational and other types of service use by SSA beneficiaries
- Non-SSA assistance provided to SSA beneficiaries