Tax Resources for Adults with Disabilities

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 907 has information that persons with disabilities, or their tax preparer, can use to complete their 2015 returns.

This includes information on itemized deductions for medical expenses,  the Earned Income Credit and the new ABLE Accounts, which can be used to pay for certain disability-related expenses.

Persons with disabilities can also get free help completing their tax return at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) or Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) site. For more information, call 1-800-906-9887 (VITA) or 1-888-227-7669 (TCE).