Hello colleagues, I know many teachers will want to integrate lessons in February related to black history. You will find some useful instructional resources at this PBS page.
Included on the PBS site are lesson plans on:
- The March on Washington
- A History of Discrimination
- "I have a dream" speech as a visionary text and as a work of literature
- Racial Equality ... how far have we come and how far do we have to go?
- Discrimination: Fair or unfair?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela
- Langston Hugues poem "Let American be American Again"
You are invited to share how you are integrating Black History Month into your classroom.
Take care, Susan Finn Miller
Moderator, Teaching & Learning CoP