Diversity and Literacy
Welcome to the LINCS Diversity and Literacy Group.
The group is a community of practice for adult literacy education practitioners, advocates, researchers, learners, policy makers, and all other persons who are interested in exploring the linkages between diversity and literacy.
- Assumptions about race and poverty often made in adult education programs
- Connections among literacy, race, poverty and public policy
- Dynamics within and among diverse groups and the misunderstandings that can occur in the teaching and learning process
- Domestic violence and its intersection with poverty, race, and literacy
- Sexual and gender orientation issues and how they impact learners and teachers
- Religious differences and adult literacy classrooms
- Disabilities issues in the context of diversity and literacy
Become more informed, get involved, and be inspired! Share your knowledge with the Diversity and Literacy Group and help advance our field of practice.
Here are the 25 most recent posts in this group.
Applying a racial equity lens to digital literacy: How workers of color are affected by digital skill gaps
1 Like • 670 Views • 1 Comment