Welcome to the LINCS Evidence-based Professional Development Group.
The group is a community of practice for adult educators to discuss issues and evidence-based practices related to designing, implementing, and evaluating adult literacy professional development. As a network of those working or interested in staff development, the group shares fresh ideas and promising practices; provides professional development for professional developers based on needs or interests; and contributes the voice of the field in shaping policy initiatives.
- State capacity to establish or operate a high-quality professional development program
- Evidence-based practices related to designing, implementing, and evaluating adult literacy professional development either at a local program or through a high-quality professional development state program
- Teacher quality and effectiveness
- Professional development systems
- Approaches and methods
- Factors that influence the effectiveness of professional development
- Related policies
- Provision of professional development for eligible providers that meet the requirements set forth in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Delivering professional development through electronic means (e.g. online, virtual, blended experiences)
Here are the 25 most recent posts in this group.
Support Services For Online Learners to Build Retention and Student Success
18 Comments • 187 Views
Interview with Dr. Jen Vanek: Effective Practices in Distance and Blended Learning
16 Comments • 327 Views
The 4 C's of digital literacy, and how _you_ think about it
• 40 Views