Creating an account
- Select Log In at the top of the LINCS Community page: http://community.lincs.ed.gov/
- Click the Create New Account button.
- Complete the Create An Account screen. Note that, while it's nice to include items like a picture and other details about yourself, you only need a few required items: your First Name and Last Name, your Email address, and a Username. You'll also need to check the "Accept Terms & Conditions" box, and complete the "I'm not a robot" CAPTCHA test.
Select the "Create New Account" button at the bottom to finish creating your account.
- An email will be sent to the email address you entered. Check your email inbox for an email titled Account details for (your username) at LINCS Community. Be sure to check your Spam / Junk Mail box if you do not see an email in your inbox. Some mail systems may send your registration confirmation email there.
- Follow the special one-time link in the confirmation email (or copy and paste the link into your browser). This will bring you to a Set Password screen, where you'll click the Log in button.
- On your Account Settings page, scroll until you reach your password fields. Choose a password that is at least 16 characters long, contains both uppercase and lowercase letter(s), at least one number, and at least one of the allowed punctuation characters. Make sure that the passwords match.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. Make sure you see a confirmation at the top of the page that "The changes have been saved."
- From now on, your new password is in place, and you can access the LINCS Community from https://community.lincs.ed.gov/user/login
You must update your password at least once a year.