How do I create an account?
To create a new account, follow the guides below:
- Creating an account
- Verifying your account
- Signing in for the first time
- Signing in after the first time
- Select Log In at the top of the LINCS Community page: http://community.lincs.ed.gov/
- Click the Create Account link.
- Complete the Create An Account screen:
Enter First Name and Last Name.
Enter your Email Address. [Note: all emails from the system will be sent to the email address that you provide. Your email address will not be shared with other users or with the public.]
Enter your Organization (optional).
Enter your desired Password twice. [Note: be sure to read the rules regarding passwords, which are very specific.]
Read the Terms and Conditions in its entirety, and then select "I agree to the Terms and Conditions".
Select the "Submit" button to create your account.
- An email will be sent to the email address you entered. It will guide you through the next step of verifying your account.
- You will see a message asking you to check your email for the registration confirmation email which will provide further instructions.
- Check your email inbox for an email titled LINCS Login - Email Verification.
Be sure to check your Spam / Junk Mail box if you do not see an email in your inbox. Some mail systems may send your registration confirmation email there.
- Follow the special link in the registration confirmation email (or copy and paste the link into your browser). This will bring you to the Validation Successful screen:
- After clicking the verification link once, you have completed this step and the link will no longer be necessary.
- Go to the LINCS Community: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/ and select Log In at the top of the page.
- Enter in the email address you provided, and the password you provided.
- Select Log In
- You should now be signed in.
- Enter in the name you wish others to see when you post a discussion or comment on the LINCS Community (aka. your User Name), then select the Send button to save your changes.
- You will see a message indicating that your account cannot be used until it has been approved. This is normal. Your account will be approved during business hours, within two business days (usually much more quickly than that). If you don’t see an email in your inbox announcing that your account has been activated within that time, please contact the LINCS Help Desk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the contact form for assistance.
- Once your LINCS Community Account has been approved, you will receive an email indicating your account has been approved. Go to the LINCS Community: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/ and select Log In at the top of the page.
- Log in with your email address and password.
- You should now be logged into your LINCS Community Account.