Reading and Writing
Welcome to the LINCS Reading and Writing Group.
The group is a community of practice for practitioners, advocates, researchers, learners, policymakers, and others who are interested in discussing reading and writing in the field of adult literacy.
Topics discussed include:
- Essential Components of reading instruction
- Serving individuals with a barrier to employment including those who have low levels of literacy skills
- Literacy skills, skill-building, and instructional strategies
- Using content standards in English Language Arts and Literacy instruction
- Family literacy
- Learning in context
- Best practices based on the most rigorous research available and appropriate
Here are the 25 most recent posts in this group.
Writing as a Basis for Reading and So Much More! Guest-led Discussion with Dr. Rebeca Fernandez
9 Comments • 394 Views
What are you reading?
3 Comments • 236 Views
Rumi in The Classroom
2 Comments • 70 Views