Skip to main content

Snow, anyone?

Hello!

This is a cold day for many of us in the northern parts of the country.  For those of you in warmer climes, maybe you are wishing for a little of the white stuff now falling down on others.  So, for everyone:

Make a Snowflake: http://whyfiles.org/2013/make-a-snowflake-2/

Tags: Science

TESOL 2015 International Convention & English Language Expo

• Date: 
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 8:00am to Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 6:00pm

TESOL 2015 Convention Logo

Science Workbooks

Hello fellow science teachers and learners,

I'm looking for a science workbook and I thought this community might have some suggestions.  

I'm currently teaching a class to prepare HSE students for the science portion of their HSE exam (which is the TASC in my state).  I'm looking for a workbook that I could suggest to my students to use at home for extra practice, or that I could use in class for practice questions, vocabulary, readings, etc.  Students always ask for this type of thing, and since the retirement of the old GED, I've been at a loss for suggestions.

Tags: Science, TASC, books

Donna retiring

Good morning, Career Pathways colleagues!  I am at a turning point in my life due to the death of my husband of 50 years on October 1, and I have decided to officially retire as the Subject Matter Expert of the Career Pathways group.  I plan to stay a member of the group, as I want to stay in contact with the field, so I'm not going away, but will no longer be responsible for welcoming new members and planning activities for the group.  There are many of you who already take the time to share information and ask questions, and hopefully there will be more of you who will take those initiati

Assessing with the CCRS

Hello friends, As a culminating activity in the class I'm teaching now, students are making presentations. In the past, the students and I have worked together to design a rubric to help them plan their presentations as well as to use for peer, self and teacher feedback on the presentations.

Professional Development for Content-based Literacy

Hi Everyone,

I'd love to hear your thoughts on a few questions about PD:

Computer Science Education Week, December 8-14, 2014

Happy Computer Science Education Week!  Do you know a student who might be interested in trying to write code?  Some activities this week could be a key to learning.  Check out this resource: http://csedweek.org/about

President Obama and others met earlier this week to write some code: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/12/08/celebrating-computer-science-education-week-kids-code-white-house

Register now for webinar: Reboot Your Digital Strategy 12/18 1 - 2:30 p.m. (ET)

The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) at the U.S. Department of Education are working together to encourage effective collaborations between libraries and adult education programs. The goal of this joint effort is to enhance the skills, employability, and quality of life of youth and adults with low skills.

2014 Math Challenges

Math and Numeracy Learning Colleagues,

I would like to start a discussion here about challenges in teaching mathematics that you have encountered in adult basic education.  My main reason to do this is that I believe  each of us struggle with some area of mathematics and I know we can support and learn from each other.  We haven't had this type of discussion before but I hope that those of you who are silent will find a moment to share from your valuable experiences.

Pages

Subscribe to LINCS Community RSS
randomness