Adult Education program directors -- make your voice heard by participating in this important study!
Submitted by Carolyn Lampila on September 16, 2019 - 3:29pm
- 161 Views
- 0 Likes
The U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences (IES), under funding from the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) is conducting a Congressionally-mandated national study to learn more about how state and local adult education programs are providing services under the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA), Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). A key component of this study is the Provider Survey.
Provider Survey Details:
- Data from the survey will help describe how programs were implementing adult education and what challenges they were experiencing as of PY2018-19
- Local adult education program directors in the 50 states and DC will be surveyed
- AIR will reach out directly to programs in September/October with more information
- The survey will be sent to program directors in mid-October
- The survey will take an average of 30 minutes to complete
Benefits of Participation:
The study presents an opportunity for ABE and ESL providers to be part of a nationwide research effort. With your input, we can help build the knowledge base on what instructional strategies are being used across the country with the intent to improve adults’ skills in reading, writing, numeracy, and English. As providers, you will be able to use the findings of the study to compare what you know about your practices and challenges with those of other providers in the state and nationally. In doing so, you will gain a better understanding of your program and learn about the types of programming being implemented by others.
Look out for more information in the coming months to participate.
For more information about the study and its surveys, see the study description and FAQs at https://www.air.org/project/national-study-implementation-adult-education-under-workforce-innovation-and-opportunity-act.