IES: SARA (Study Aid & Reading Assessment) Pilot
Submitted by JoM on February 13, 2019 - 12:32pm
- 420 Views
- 0 Likes
Posting on behalf of IES
Dear Adult Educator,
Once adult educators ourselves, we are writing to ask for your help in a research project that we hope will benefit you, your students and your adult education program.
ETS is recruiting adult basic education students and programs to participate in a national pilot of the SARA (Study Aid & Reading Assessment), a project supported by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES). The SARA measures foundational reading skills and is part of a suite of research-based, online reading assessments for adult learners that will be rolled out throughout 2019 and 2020.
For questions or to register, contact Kietha Biggers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Assessments are online and compatible with most systems
- Assessments take about 30 minutes to completE
- Score reports and optional consultation will be available 2-4 weeks after testing
- Student reading levels should be from 3rd to 9th grade
- No cost access to the SARA and student outcome data through 2019, and possibly beyond
- Incentive payments to you or your students (proportionate to the level of involvement
- Instructional support and resources aligned with SARA resultS
- Early access to scenario-based comprehension assessments available in fall, 2019
- Program staff schedule and proctor online tests
- Students are provided access to the internet and computers, or other digital devices
- Students are assigned login IDs provided by ETS
- With student consent, the program shares other de-identified student data with researchers (e.g. TABE scores)
We hope to hear from you! (email@example.com)