Share Your Knowledge! Online Portfolios & Micro-credentials Discussion in 2 Weeks!
Submitted by LINCS_Communications on July 1, 2015 - 9:06am
- 1723 Views
- 0 Likes
Event Title: Micro-credentials and Online Portfolios
Event Type: Online Discussion
Date(s): July 13-17, 2015
Greetings, Community Members!
In two weeks, the LINCS Technology and Learning group will host a discussion on Online Portfolios and Micro-credentials (also referred to as digital badges). The discussion will be held in the Technology and Learning group and summarized in the Program Management and Career Pathways groups. Special guests will discuss examples of digital badges and other micro-credentials, as well as online adult education portfolios.
With significant experience in various aspects of this work, featured guests include:
- Jeff Carter, formerly Director of Adult Education Initiatives with Digital Promise, who has worked to highlight promising practices that use technology to improve access for adult learners;
- Branka Marceta, Coordinator, Technology Projects, OTAN, who has worked with California teachers on a multi-year e-portfolio project;
- Judy Mortrude, Director of the Alliance for Quality Career Pathways at the Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP), who was instrumental in the development of the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment in Minnesota when she was a State Program Administrator with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development;
- Sharon Ram, ESL Instructor & Distance Learning Facilitator, Fremont (California) Adult and Continuing Education, who has experience with digital badges and e-portfolios; and
- Jen Vanek, Education Consultant with the Minnesota Literacy Council, who developed digital badges for the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment.
We hope you will join us from July 13-17, 2015, to explore how these are being used in adult education and how they can be useful tools for developing career pathways programs.
The LINCS Community Team