Supporting Student Success: Contextualized Learning (Webinar)
Submitted by LINCS_Communications on January 10, 2017 - 10:12am
- 1147 Views
- 0 Likes
On January 19, 2017, at 1 p.m. (EST), the U.S. Department of Education’s Supporting Student Success project team will host a webinar titled Supporting Student Success: Contextualized Learning. This webinar will address “contextualization program design” and present research supporting it as an educational strategy. Amy Dalsimer from LaGuardia Community College will share LaGuardia’s experience with contextualized learning.
No registration is required. Simply join through the link -- https://msg.adobeconnect.com/sss/ -- on January 19, 2017, at 1 p.m. (EST).
After the event, a recording of the webinar and any follow-up discussion will be accessible through the Postsecondary Completion group.
The Supporting Student Success project explores successful strategies in promoting student success in Adult Education and Developmental Education programming. This is the first of four upcoming webinars that will highlight promising approaches to program design and provide examples of community colleges implementing these designs in their programs. The program model approaches—acceleration, student support, and hybrid models—as promising strategies for increasing the college transition and completion rates of lower-skilled learners at community colleges.
Future Supporting Student Success webinars will be held on the following dates:
- Supporting Student Success: Accelerated Curriculum - February 2, 2017, at 1 p.m. (ET)
- Supporting Student Success: Supporting the Whole Student - March 1, 2017, at 2 p.m. (ET)
- Supporting Student Success: The Hybrid Approach - April 13, 2017, at 1 p.m. (ET)
For more on this project and related topics, check out three earlier discussions in the LINCS Community:
- Re-Visioning Instruction and Support at Community Colleges to Support the Whole Student
- Building Bridges Between Adult Basic Education and Developmental Education
- Intensive Skill and College Readiness Programs at Community Colleges
-The LINCS Team