Supporting the Success of Skilled Immigrants
Submitted by JoM on April 6, 2016 - 8:47am
- 1279 Views
- 1 Like
Webinar: Thursday, April 14, 2016, 2:00-3:15 p.m. EST
On behalf of the White House Task Force on New Americans, the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) has partnered with IMPRINT and WES to examine some of the barriers foreign-educated workers face in accessing professional employment.
Presenters from U.S. Department of Labor, English for New Bostonians, LaGuardia Community College, and Accenture will discuss promising practices and the role that innovative approaches in funding and employer engagement can play in helping communities integrate highly-skilled immigrants into the workforce.
In this webinar we will:
- Examine some of the barriers foreign-educated workers face in accessing professional employment.
- Highlight innovative approaches in funding and employer engagement.
- Discuss promising practices.
This webinar is hosted by WES Global Talent Bridge, your registration confirmation will come from them.
- Johan Uvin, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Delegated the Duties of the Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education
- Kimberly Vitelli, Deputy Administrator, ETA Office of Workforce Investment, U.S. Department of Labor
- Claudia Green, Executive Director, English for New Bostonians
- John Hunt, Executive Director for Adult Community Learning, and Director of the Center for Immigrant Education and Training, LaGuardia Community College
- Robin R. Boggs, US Corporate Citizenship Lead, Accenture