Two LINCS Webinars Today!
Submitted by LINCS_Communications on September 18, 2017 - 9:47am
- 560 Views
- 0 Likes
LINCS is hosting two webinars on Monday the 18th!
First, at 1PM (ET), join the LINCS Community Health Literacy micro group for How Adult Basic Skills Programs Can Build – and Obtain Funding for – Local Partnerships. Hear experienced professionals discuss why and how partnerships between adult basic skills programs and community health centers and hospitals are created and funded. After the webinar, a discussion in the LINCS Community will detail how adult basic skills programs can develop successful local partnerships and help adult learners improve their health literacy.
The webinar will feature experienced professionals who will discuss why and how their partnerships were created and funded. Following the webinar, they will engage in a multiday discussion in LINCS Community groups (Health Literacy, Program Management, English Language Acquisition, and Reading and Writing) to explore how adult basic skills programs can develop successful local partnerships that will help adult learners improve their health literacy.
The presenters for this webinar will be:
- Dr. Marcia Drew Hohn, Independent Literacy and Health Consultant, former Director of Massachusetts Northeast Region System for Adult Basic Education (ABE) Support, and Director of the Immigrant Learning Center Public Education Institute
- Rob Sheppard, Senior Director of Adult Programs, Quincy Asian Resources, Quincy, Massachusetts
- Dr. Maricel Santos, ESL and Health Literacy Associate Professor, San Francisco State University
Registration is not required. Simply use the following link at 1PM (ET): https://msg.adobeconnect.com/oppchallenges/
Next, at 3PM (ET), come join the Career Pathways and Program Management groups for From Policy to Practice: Designing Career Pathways for ABE/ESL Learners. Presenters will highlight rural and urban perspectives on developing innovative career pathways under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) that address local and regional employment demand and integrate ABE and ESL/ESOL education and training programs. Attendees will learn about policies and resources that can be used to understand workforce development trends, plan educational programming, and counsel adult learners on career decision-making.
Learn about policies that support states in exploring their own opportunities, and how resources like the U.S. Department of Labor’s American Job Center can be used to understand workforce development trends, plan educational programming, and counsel adult learners on career decision-making.
Presenters for this webinar will be:
- Judith Alamprese of Abt Associates
- Lauren Walizer of the Center for Law and Social Policy
- Derek Kalchbrenner of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
- Pat Thomas of the Marshall Southwest Adult Education Learning Center
Registration is not required. Simply use the following link at 3PM (ET): https://msg.adobeconnect.com/frompolicytopractice/
See you there!
-The LINCS Team
If you require special accommodations, please contact Stephen Coleman by phone 301-828-1526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we will do our best to assist you.
If you need assistance logging into the webinar please call 301-828-1051 or email email@example.com.