Open Education Week!
- 522 Views
- 0 Likes
Open Education Week is a global event that seeks to raise awareness of free and open sharing in education and the benefits they bring to teachers and learners. Coordinated by the Open Education Consortium, the event showcases projects, resources, and ideas from around the world that demonstrate open education in practice.
The open education movement seeks to reduce barriers, increase access and drive improvements in education through open sharing and digital formats. Open education includes free and open access to platforms, tools and resources in education, including learning materials, course materials, videos, assessment tools, research, study groups, and textbooks, all available for free use and modification under an open license.
Go to http://www.oeconsortium.org/ (general info) or http://www.openeducationweek.org/ (Education Week specifics)
Designers for Learning, http://designersforlearning.org/, currently offering a MOOC on Open Education, is joining the event. Here are some ways you can get involved with the Designers for Learning open course and the Open Education Week events:
- Enroll in the free Instructional Design Service MOOC to support Adult Basic Education (Deadline is tomorrow, March 4th. See earlier bulletin.)
- Follow and tweet your questions / comments about the course #openabe
- View Designers for Learning March 10th Live Webcast & Recording
- View the official Open Education Week website
- Follow and tweet your questions / comments about the Open Education Week #openeducationwk
Leecy Wise, Moderator, Reading and Writing, and Diversity and Literacy CoPs