The LINCS Community is a community of practice (COP) for adult education practitioners funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE). This professional learning space brings together adult educators worldwide to work together toward one common goal—providing high-quality, evidence-based learning opportunities to adult students. Our community is a place where the practitioners can seek help from experts and peers, collaborate, network, share knowledge and resources, participate in special events, and grow professionally. We provide activities that can help deepen the connections within the LINCS system for practitioners to access professional development materials, reflect on their teaching practices, and apply what they have learned in their classrooms.
The LINCS Community works in tandem with other LINCS professional development opportunities, such as the Resource Collection and Learning Portal to advance the field of adult education by expanding evidence-based practice. Learn more about LINCS’ offerings on our parent website.
How can you get involved?
Create a free and secure personal account to begin sharing and gaining knowledge and resources in our discussion groups. We have 13 groups focused on topics important to the field, and each group is led by a moderator who facilitates discussion and serves as a content expert.
The LINCS Technical Assistance Center, which includes the LINCS Community, the LINCS Resource Collection, the LINCS Online Courses and LINCS State Technical Assistance and Training, is managed under contract with the American Institutes for Research (Contract No. GS-10F-0112J). The website is hosted and maintained by Civic Actions (Contract No. ED-EVP-O-16-F-0001).
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education (OCTAE): OCTAE provides fund to support LINCS.
- American Institutes for Research: Staff execute OCTAE’s vision for the LINCS Community and work with OCTAE and Civic Actions to develop enhancements. The team also manages and provides support the LINCS moderators.
- Moderators: LINCS Moderators facilitate conversation in each of the groups. They are contracted with the American Institutes for Research.
- CivicActions: Staff maintain and improve the LINCS Community website.
- LINCS Partners: LINCS Partners, including staff from the LINCS Resource Collection, and Civic Actions, meet regularly to provide guidance and recommendations to the Community.
LINCS is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education. It is comprised of the LINCS Technical Assistance Center and Technical contracts.