Welcome to the New Advancing Equity Community!
Submitted by KathyHughes on February 27, 2018 - 4:04pm
- 642 Views
- 2 Likes
- 1 Comment
Welcome! The LINCS Advancing Equity group has been refreshed to have a new focus on career and technical education (CTE).
This moderated group will serve as a community of practice – helping to build the capacity of CTE professionals to address equity barriers in CTE program enrollment, participation, and completion by providing a forum to engage in thoughtful discussions and share tools and resources for increasing equity. You don’t need to be a CTE educator to participate; anyone with an interest can join.
Through the Technical Assistance for Advancing Equity in CTE initiative, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education, this community of practice will offer numerous professional learning opportunities over the coming months.
We are fortunate to have ten subject matter experts supporting these efforts; their names and links to their organizations are available below. They will soon begin to post equity-focused blogs and resources. We hope you join the conversation!
- Carrie Billy – President and CEO, American Indian Higher Education Consortium
- Dr. Shaun Dougherty – Assistant Professor, University of Connecticut Neag School of Education
- Dr. Barbara Endel – Senior Program Director, Jobs for the Future
- Kimberly Green – Executive Director, AdvanceCTE
- Lauren Jones – CTE Program Director for Special Populations, Counseling and Equity, Colorado Community College System
- Shauna King-Simms- System Director, Transitions and Pathways, Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Dr. Lakshmi Mahadevan- Associate Professor and Special Population Specialist, Texas A&M University
- Linda O’Connor- Assistant Director, Career and Technical Education, Ohio Department of Education
- Dr. Ben Williams – Vice President of Programs, National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity (NAPE)
- Dr. Lisa Williams – Director of the Office of Equity and Cultural Proficiency, Baltimore County Public Schools
You’ll also see posts from other key members of my team: Steve Klein, Director, Career and Adult Education and Workforce Development, with RTI, and Jeana Davis, a Senior Consultant with Manhattan Strategy Group.
We look forward to sharing resources and information with you!