Your college is invited to participate in the third national convening of minority serving community colleges at the U.S. Department of Education. The event will take place on November 14 and 15, 2017, in Washington, DC and will offer opportunities to:
- Exchange promising practices on student success with institutions from across the country.
- Meet representatives from federal agencies and learn about federal programs for minority serving institutions.
- Hear from and speak with researchers and practitioners.
- Interact with representatives from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Engage with minority serving community college communities of practice.
There is no conference fee; however, your institution will need to pay for all related travel expenses, meals, and miscellaneous costs for your participants. Due to space limitations, each college is limited to two representatives as attendees.
Call for Proposals: Peer presentations are now being solicited for concurrent sessions during the convening. To submit a proposal, visit http://conference.novaresearch.com/MSI2017/ and follow the instructions on the Call for Presentations tab.
Presentation submission deadline: September 29, 2017
Hotel reservation deadline: October 14, 2017
Registration deadline: October 26, 2017
For information on registration, agenda, and other details, please click here to view the meeting website.
Presidents and Chancellors, thank you in advance for forwarding this invitation to your staff and especially to your program directors who will benefit most from participating. Please feel free to also share this information with other colleges that you feel would be interested in participating. I hope to meet you or representatives from your college in November!
Kim R. Ford
Deputy Assistant Secretary
Delegated the Duties of the Assistant Secretary for Career, Technical, and Adult Education
Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE)
U. S. Department of Education