We’re back! The LINCS Community of Practice has now been fully updated. There are a few things that every LINCS user needs to do.
Reset Your Password
All LINCS users will be prompted to reset your password the first time you attempt to log in. Please note that new passwords will need to meet the following requirements:
- Passwords must be at least 16 characters long
- Passwords must not contain the user’s username
- Passwords must use at least 4 different character types (lower case letters, upper case letters, digits, and special characters)
- Passwords must also pass a strength test - avoid the following in your password:
- Dates (including partial dates such as the year - example: 2020)
- Plain words pulled from a dictionary
- Sequences of three or more identical digits in a row
- Sequences of three or more identical characters in a row
- Keyboard patterns (example: qwerty - or other keyboard sequences)
- You cannot reuse a password you’ve used previously.
For help resetting your LINCS Community of Practice password please see our password reset guide. Your previous password will still be in effect for the Learning Portal. A future update will reunify your Community and Learning Portal accounts.
Update Your Group Subscriptions
Your group subscription settings should be retained in this update. However, the 12 hour digests will no longer be available. Instead, 12 hour digests will be converted to 24 hour (Daily) digests. Please go into My LINCS to update your subscription settings for each group.
There is also a new subscription feature, entitled Master Switch. This allows you to keep your settings as is, but easily switch them on and off. For example, if you are going on vacation and would like to turn your subscription off while you are away, you can easily do so with the master switch setting.
If you have any trouble with the upgraded site, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
The LINCS Team