April Professional Development Courses
Submitted by Leah Peterson on March 18, 2016 - 12:50pm
- 809 Views
- 0 Likes
World Education E-Learning PD has seven facilitated online courses that all start in April! All are currently open for registration. Find the one that best suits your needs and interests then click on the title to learn more or register.
- Addressing the Impact of Chronic Stress on Learning in the ABE/ESOL Classroom (4/6-5/18) Explore the ways in which chronic stress, trauma, and adverse life experiences affect learning. Try out teaching approaches and strategies that promote emotional and psychological well-being to help students learn more efficiently.
- Algebra: Introducing Algebraic Reasoning (4/6-5/25) Experiment with strategies for teaching numeric patterns, relationships, and functions based on real‐life situations.
- Navigating Pathways to Opportunity: Comprehensive Student Supports (4/19-5/24) Explore ways to provide the supports that enable adults to succeed in an integrated career pathway program.
- College Readiness for Adults: Beyond Academic Preparation! (4/21-6/2) Identify, organize, and reflect on the broad array of readiness skills and abilities that adults need to be successful in postsecondary education and training.
- Mathematizing ESOL (4/25-6/6) Look for where, when, and how it makes sense to include math in ESOL lessons while continuing to focus on language acquisition and effective communication. (This course is offered in partnership with the Adult Numeracy Center at TERC).
- Integrating Technology with Project-Based Learning (4/27-6/22) Using Web 2.0 tools in project-based learning allows teachers to introduce their classes to problem-solving tasks, enhancing learners’ critical thinking, collaboration, and communication skills in the process. Come learn new instructional approaches and technologies, while developing your own project by course end.
- Geometry: Teaching About Shapes and Measures (4/28-6/2) Examine key topics in geometry, such as area, perimeter, and volume, and their importance in everyday life.