English Language Acquisition
Welcome to the LINCS Adult English Language Learners Group.
The group is a community of practice for educators to discuss issues relevant to providing research- and evidence-based educational services to adult English language learners; share information and resources that can be used to inform practitioners about these issues and improve practice; and enrich and improve public policies related to adult English language learners.
Topics discussed include:
- English language acquisition activities
- Integrated English literacy and civics education
- Instructional practices
- Program design
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals who are English language learners and individuals who are facing substantial cultural barriers
- Online Course: The Role of Culture in the Education of Adult English Language Learners
264 Comments • 111,884 Views
- Online Course: Principles of Second Language Teaching: Planning, Implementing, and Managing Instruction
253 Comments • 113,291 Views
- Online Course: Formative Assessment to Inform Quality Adult ESL Instruction
183 Comments • 70,971 Views