Deeper Learning Through Questioning (Math)
Submitted by donnawparrish on November 5, 2018 - 9:39am
- 543 Views
- 0 Likes
- 2 Comments
Many LINCS members have taken and benefited greatly from the course, "Deeper Learning Through Questioning." The basic activities in that course investigate the following ideas:
- Why do teachers ask questions?
- How can instructors encourage learners to self-question?
- How can instructors motivate discourse in the mathematics classroom?
- How do instructors model self-questioning?
- What effective questioning strategies promote mathematical thinking and discussion?
Whether you have taken the "Deeper Learning Through Questioning" course or not, you are invited to share your successes (failures, too) with using questioning to promote deeper learning in mathematics. What ideas do you have? What are the challenges? What are the rewards? For what do you need help or encouragement? How has effective questioning changed your teaching/your students' learning?