October Month Problem to discuss - Circle Fever Handout
Hello Fellow Math Friends,
Below is a interesting problem for us to discuss this month, I know that some of the questions below ask what would different cases look like and it is hard to insert images into this discussion forum. So, if you are able to upload this to your Google Drive, Box Account, Instagram or Twitter, then link it in your discussion so we can "see" your results that would add to this discussion. This problem came to me via Dr. Jo Boaler at Stanford University. Let's have some fun! - Brooke Istas, Moderator
- How do you see the pattern growing?
- Where do you see the new circles being added when you move from case 1 to 2?
- Where do you see the new circles being added when you move from case 2 to 3
- What would the 10th case look like?
- What would the 100th case look like? How many circles would be in the 100th case?