Math and Numeracy
Welcome to the LINCS Community Math and Numeracy group!
The target audience for this group is practitioners, advocates, researchers, learners, policymakers, and others. The focus of the group is to discuss mathematics and numeracy issues in adult education, including research and evidence-based practices, instructional strategies, and resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Addressing common math and numeracy instructional issues and motivation in math
- Using content standards in math and numeracy instruction to help students acquire skills necessary for GED completion, college and career readiness, and transitions to postsecondary and workplace settings
- Integrating financial education and financial literacy into math and numeracy instruction
- Implementing learning in context, technology in math education, and evidence-based practices
To join the group, follow the steps below:
- Create a LINCS Account.
- Log in to LINCS with your account credentials, return to this page, and click on "Join Group" on the left menu.
- Select Daily or Immediate from the dropdown menu under "Subscription Type" on left menu to receive notifications and click the blue Update button to confirm.
Get started by exploring our Discussions, Bulletins, and Events pages (see left menu) and please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you better.
We look forward to your contributions to the group!
|Discussion : Jimmy Buffet and Numeracy||0||Sep 04, 2023|