Math and Numeracy
Welcome to the LINCS Community Math and Numeracy group!
The target audience for this group is practitioners, advocates, researchers, learners, policymakers, and others. The focus of the group is to discuss mathematics and numeracy issues in adult education, including research and evidence-based practices, instructional strategies, and resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Addressing common math and numeracy instructional issues and motivation in math
- Using content standards in math and numeracy instruction to help students acquire skills necessary for GED completion, college and career readiness, and transitions to postsecondary and workplace settings
- Integrating financial education and financial literacy into math and numeracy instruction
- Implementing learning in context, technology in math education, and evidence-based practices
To join the group, follow the steps below:
- Create a LINCS Account
- Log in to LINCS with your account credentials, return to this page, and click on "Join Group" on left menu
- Select a Subscription type on left menu to receive daily or immediate notifications
Get started by exploring our Discussions, Bulletins, and Events pages (see left menu) and please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you better.
We look forward to your contributions to the group!
|Discussion : Try It Tuesday - Math Puzzle||3||Nov 24, 2022|
|Discussion : Try It Tuesday - Math Puzzle||3||Nov 18, 2022|
|Discussion : Upcoming Webinar with ALM and ANN||0||Nov 16, 2022|
|Discussion : Graphic Organizers for teach factoring||1||Nov 09, 2022|
|Discussion : Interesting Concept and visual for Finding the Y-Intercept and thinking about parabolas||0||Nov 09, 2022|
|Discussion : Try it Tuesday - Math Problem||0||Nov 08, 2022|
|Event : Coffee Break: With so much to teach where should I start (Live Session)||0||Nov 01, 2022|