Welcome to the LINCS Health Literacy Group.
The group is a community of practice of where adult educators, adult education program managers, and health educators discuss the instructional and programmatic best practices and issues related to the incorporation of health literacy into adult education programs.
Discussion areas could include:
- Health literacy instructional materials to incorporate into the classroom;
- Sharing information about local and national health literacy resources;
- Helping learners access local and national health literacy resources;
- The use of health concepts and terminology in science classes;
- The role of health literacy in preparing students for careers in the health field; and
- The relevance of health literacy for ABE/GED and career pathways students.
Become more informed, get involved, and be inspired! Share your knowledge with the Health Literacy Group and help advance our field of practice.