In honor of National Nutrition Month, I thought it might be a good time to do a deep dive into the information and resources on the website: ChooseMyPlate.gov from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Short, focused articles
- Online trackers
- Recipes, shopping lists, and personalized cookbooks
- And much, much more
MyPlate is…a reminder to find your healthy eating style and build it throughout your lifetime. Everything you eat and drink matters. The right mix can help you be healthier now and in the future. This means:
- Focus on variety, amount, and nutrition.
- Choose foods and beverages with less saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars.
- Start with small changes to build healthier eating styles.
- Support healthy eating for everyone.
The logo is a good place to begin. What do you and students notice about the logo?
The one-page MyPlateMyWins has the logo and describes the building blocks needed to create individualized and family healthy eating solutions. How might you use this one-pager to get started on a celebration of healthy eating this month?
Cynthia Zafft, Health Literacy Moderator