Week November 25, 2013: College and Career Standards Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
LINCS would like to wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season. We are thankful for all of you for helping to grow the LINCS online community and advancing the field of adult education. Happy Thanksgiving!
New and Ongoing Discussions
- Problem of the Week - #2: Brooke Istas, the subject matter expert of the Math and Numeracy group, started a “Problem of the Week” series. In her second post, she started aligning her problems to the standards and mathematical practices from the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education report. View the problem of the week here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/problem-week-2
- Using the Standards: As your state or program digs into the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education, what are the instructional changes that are being implemented at this time in your programs? Are the changes a result of professional development? Share your experiences here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/using-standards
There are no new group bulletins. Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/257/content/bulletins
- Ten Seats Remain; Claim Yours Today! Only ten seats are left for LINCS’ live Community Training on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 at 1:30 PM Eastern. This webinar will be a great opportunity to talk directly to the LINCS Community team and ask any questions you may have about the community’s purpose and features. To register for this free webinar, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/ten-seats-remain-claim-yours-today
- Join Week 2 of Health Literacy in ABE Classrooms! We invite you to join part two of the Health Literacy in ABE Classrooms discussion held in the Health Literacy group. Revisit the archives from week one of the activity here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/join-week-2-health-literacy-abe-classrooms
- Save the Date Reminder: AIR Digital Badges Discussion: From December 3 – 9, 2013, LINCS will be hosting an online discussion of the recently released report, The Potential and Value of Using Digital Badges for Adult Learners with Steve Reder and David Wiley, two researchers two researchers who bring combined knowledge of adult education, technology, and digital badges to our forum. For more information, read: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/save-date-reminder-air-digital-badges-discussion
- National Engagement Process to Improve the Skills of Low-Skilled Adults: On November 20, 2013, OVAE kicked off its engagement process to develop a national action plan to improve the skills of low-skilled adults. For more information about this event and access to the OECD report, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/national-engagement-process-improve-skills-low-skilled-adults
- Have News to Share? Use the Bulletins Tab: Have you ever had an event or job posting that you wanted to share with your discussion group’s members? Did you know that the LINCS Community has a special feature specifically for sharing announcements with your group? Each group’s Bulletin tab ensures that discussions and announcements have their own designated spaces. Read more here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/have-news-share-use-bulletins-tab
New to the College and Career Standards group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-0
See you in the College and Career Standards group!
The LINCS Community Team