Technology and Learning Colleagues,
Is there a teacher, tutor, program administrator, technology leader, or someone else who could benefit from joining LINCS and subscribing to the Technology and Learning Community of Practice? They could be colleagues where you work, or in another program in your community or state, fellow graduate students, or possibly adult learners who are interested in technology and learning. If so, please share with them the announcement below.
David J. Rosen
Moderator, Technology and Learning CoP
The LINCS Technology and Learning Community
LINCS is a free online professional development community for adult educators and others who may be interested. It is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Career Technical and Adult Education. It includes: Communities of Practice such as Technology and Learning, Program Management, Reading and Writing, Adult English Language Learners, Career Pathways, Disabilities in Adult Education, Professional Development, and nine other groups; A Resource Collection for the same topic areas, with online access to high-quality, evidence-based, vetted adult basic education materials; and a Learning Portal with free online courses in: Reading, Career Pathways, English Language Learners, Learning Disabilities, Science, Technology, and Research in the Classroom.
Joining the LINCS Community and Technology and Learning Group
- If you are not a member of the LINCS Community, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/ to create an account. To complete your registration information, select Log In/Register on the far right in the light blue menu ribbon.
- Choose an ID and password (and save them someplace secure but where you can easily find them!).
- Check the box indicating you agree to the Terms and Conditions. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Click on the link in that email. You should receive a “Validation Successful “ response. It may take one or two days to approve a new registration. Wait until you receive an email that indicates that your account has been approved before logging in. Once approved, log in with your new ID and password.
- Once logged in, click the “Join Groups” button, or “Groups” tab in the light blue horizontal navigation bar. You will be directed to a list of groups you can join. Chose the Technology and Learning group, and select “join” to become a member.
- When you choose the Technology and Learning group, you will be redirected to the group's home page. On the right you have the option to set your Email Subscription.
- Select Immediate from the drop down menu.
- Click Submit. Each time someone posts a message, you will receive it in your email.
For more information about the LINCS Technology and Learning Community, contact the moderator, David J. Rosen, at firstname.lastname@example.org .