Welcome to the LINCS Community Professional Development group!
The target audience for this group is adult educators, staff managers, and policy makers. The focus of the group is to discuss issues and evidence-based practices related to designing, implementing, and evaluating adult literacy professional development. As a network of those working or interested in staff development, the group shares fresh ideas and promising practices, provides professional development for professional developers based on needs or interests, and contributes the voice of the field in shaping policy initiatives.
Topics discussed include:
- Building state capacity to establish or operate a high-quality professional development program, and policies and factors that influence effectiveness
- Using evidence-based practices, approaches and methods to design, implement, and evaluate adult literacy professional development systems, including the provision of professional development for eligible providers that meet Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requirements
- Evaluating teacher quality and effectiveness
- Delivering virtual and blended professional development
To join the group, follow the steps below:
- Create a LINCS Account.
- Log in to LINCS with your account credentials, return to this page, and click on "Join Group" on the left menu.
- Select Daily or Immediate from the dropdown menu under "Subscription Type" on left menu to receive notifications and click the blue Update button to confirm.
Get started by exploring our Discussions, Bulletins, and Events pages (see left menu) and please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you better.
We look forward to your contributions to the group!
|Discussion : Digital Literacy - Define? Observe? Enhance?||2||Sep 19, 2023|
|Discussion : Do you have plans to observe Adult Education and Family Literacy Week?||2||Sep 18, 2023|
|Discussion : AEFL 2023 Week has arrived!||0||Sep 18, 2023|
|Bulletin : AALPD Sharing Session: Using LINCS Resources for Effective PD - 9/13/23 at 3pm ET||0||Sep 06, 2023|
|Bulletin : Coming In September! Three Groups' Collaborative Live Zoom Event||0||Aug 27, 2023|