I am pleased to announce that the The 27th Annual Adult Numeracy Network (ANN) Teaching & Learning Institute: Experiencing Harmony & Beauty in Mathematical Patterns will take place as part of the COABE National Preconference on Friday, March 19, 2021 at 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM (CDT). The entire conference is virtual.
During this half-day of professional development participants will:
- Explore ways that music and art reflect number sense, proportional reasoning, and symmetry.
- Build bridges between the things your students see and listen to and the math your students do in the classroom.
- Consider music and art in various contexts and its connections to topics across the curriculum.
- Imagine classrooms where students are challenged to think deeply about mathematics, even if they are still working on fundamental skills.
- Gain an appreciation of how music and art can enrich your classes and increase student interest and engagement.
- Leave with classroom-ready activities that you can immediately use with students at all ability levels.
The $75 registration fee includes 3 hours of professional development and a one year ANN membership (new or renewal).If you are unable to attend the full three-day COABE conference, you can still attend the ANN Annual Preconference on Friday, March 19. When registering, choose the single-day registration for the preconference.
For questions on how to register, visit:
Here is a flyer to share with others: