The Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (DOLETA) has just released the Career Pathways Toolkit: An Enhanced Guide and Workbook for System Development. The new Toolkit will be especially helpful for state offices and partners required to develop a Unified Plan, and staff members supporting State Workforce Development Boards.
DOLETA revised the Career Pathways Toolkit to align with the new vision, definition, and requirements of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
The updated Toolkit features the Introduction, Resources and the Six Key Elements of Career Pathways. Each element now includes embedded – and writeable – worksheets to help State and local teams with implementation. This allows users to type directly into the worksheet fields, and save and print these as documents.
Each section of the toolkit is available to be downloaded as a separate document. Check out each of the sections by clicking on the links below.
- Element One: Build Cross-Agency Partnerships
- Element Two: Identify Industry Sector and Engage Employers
- Element Three: Design Education and Training Programs
- Element Four: Identify Funding Needs and Sources
- Element Five: Align Policies and Programs
- Element Six: Measure System Change and Performance
- Career Pathways Resources