Learners with Disabilities
Welcome to the LINCS Community Learners with Disabilities group!
The target audience for this group includes adult education practitioners, researchers, policy makers, and allies. The focus of the group is to explore needs and concerns related to serving learners with learning differences and learning disabilities in adult education.
Topics discussed include:
- Screening for identification of disabilities and applying prevention strategies related to acquired disability
- Implementing teaching practices to support inclusion and equitable outcomes for all learners
- Incorporating classroom strategies, accommodations, and assistive technologies for accommodating learners with disabilities
- Exploring processes for ensuring learners benefit from appropriate support services
To join the group, follow the steps below:
- Create a LINCS Account.
- Log in to LINCS with your account credentials, return to this page, and click on "Join Group" on the left menu.
- Select Daily or Immediate from the dropdown menu under "Subscription Type" on left menu to receive notifications and click the blue Update button to confirm.
Get started by exploring our Discussions, Bulletins, and Events pages (see left menu) and please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you better.
We look forward to your contributions to the group!
|Event : Creating Accessible and Inclusive Learning Coffee Break: Reflections and Looking Ahead to 2024||0||Nov 17, 2023|
|Discussion : Creating Accessible Math Curriculum||4||Nov 13, 2023|
|Bulletin : Workforce GPS: Saluting Our Veterans with Disabilities||0||Nov 07, 2023|