The U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), has presented its Plan for ReThink VR Performance. The Plan outlines goals and specific actions across five priority areas identified in this initiative. A video recording of the presentation will soon be posted on the conference webpage.
I encourage members of the adult education community to pay special attention to Action 3: Enhance External Communication (p. 16)
Explore approaches to improve engagement and communication with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) stakeholders.
- Hold quarterly teleconferences with State agencies to exchange information, respond to questions, and to review trainings and related materials, as necessary.
- Participate in regional meetings or other training venues, if invited and as resources permit;
- Conduct teleconferences with SRCs and Client Assistance Programs to obtain input on how to better support them in their respective roles and strategies for improving the VR program;
- Explore use of online national dialogues and other forums on topics of interest to VR agencies and other stakeholders;
- Review available communication vehicles to reach the broadest audiences in coordination with the OSERS communication team; and
- Develop a process for gathering and disseminating emerging practices.
*Italics by LINCS Moderator
What role do you think the adult education community should play in working with VR to improve our collective engagement and communication around serving the needs of adult learners with disabilities?
Disabilities and Equitable Outcomes Moderator
There should be more connection, communication, and actual addressing of the LDs to work and see actual documentation and accommodations in place for improvements.