Supporting Student Success: Accelerated Curriculum for Impact (Webinar)
Submitted by LINCS_Communications on January 24, 2017 - 5:15pm
- 1247 Views
- 0 Likes
On February 2, 2017, from 1-2 p.m. (EST), the U.S. Department of Education’s Supporting Student Success project team will host a webinar titled Supporting Student Success: Accelerated Curriculum for Impact. The one-hour webinar will address curriculum around acceleration and present research supporting it as an educational strategy. In addition, staff from Gateway Community College will share their experience establishing and supporting accelerated learning programs.
No registration is required. Simply join us here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9150656215493562369
The Supporting Student Success project explores successful strategies in promoting student success in Adult Education and Developmental Education programming. This is the second of four upcoming webinars that will highlight promising approaches to program design and provide examples of community colleges implementing these designs in their programs. The program model approaches—contextualization, acceleration, student support, and hybrid models—as promising strategies for increasing the college transition and completion rates of lower-skilled learners at community colleges.
All webinars will be recorded and available for later viewing on the Postsecondary Completion LINCS group.
Future Supporting Student Success webinars will be held on the following dates:
- Supporting Student Success: Supporting the Whole Student - March 1, 2017, at 2 p.m. (ET)
- Supporting Student Success: The Hybrid Approach - April 13, 2017, at 1 p.m. (ET)
For more on this project and related topics, check out three earlier discussions in the LINCS Community:
- Re-Visioning Instruction and Support at Community Colleges to Support the Whole Student
- Building Bridges Between Adult Basic Education and Developmental Education
- Intensive Skill and College Readiness Programs at Community Colleges
- Supporting Student Success: Contextualized Learning – Webinar recording coming soon!
-The LINCS Team