Special Topic This Month: Strengthening and Transforming ESL Programs through Community Networks
Submitted by LINCS_Communications on September 8, 2015 - 11:37am
- 1348 Views
- 1 Like
Event Title: Strengthening and Transforming ESL Programs through Community Networks
Event Type: Online Discussion
Date(s): September 28-30, 2015
This month, the LINCS Community is taking an important step in helping to strengthen nationwide integration efforts for new Americans by sharing the work of World Education’s Networks for Integrating New Americans initiative, funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE).
Please join us from September 28-30, 2015, in the LINCS English Language Learners and Program Management groups, for a special Strengthening and Transforming ESL Programs through Community Networks online discussion. This online discussion will focus on:
- How working in coalitions with community partners can advance common goals and strengthen partner organizations, and
- How three ESL programs have been transformed by their participation in networks focused on immigrant integration.
This initiative uses organizational networks for promoting immigrant integration as a dynamic, two-way process in which immigrants and receiving societies work together to build vibrant and cohesive communities. Its goal is to strengthen adult education programs’ role in networks to:
- Improve immigrant access to effective and innovative English language programs;
- Support immigrants on the path to citizenship; and
- Support immigrant career development through training and education.
Aimed at expanding the knowledge and experience of ESL program staff and adult education program leaders that have or want to consider new possibilities for collaboration in connecting ESL instruction to adults’ broader economic, civic, and linguistic integration, this is an event you will not want to miss.
The LINCS Community Team