Valuable New Resources!

Hello Colleagues, I'm pleased to let you know that there are now some fantastic new resources in the LINCS collection. OCTAE's ESLPro project has supported the development of resources on three essential topics specifically for practitioners working with adults who are learning English. The ESLPro resources include an issue brief, a Companion Learning Resource (CLR), and an online module for each topic area.

The ESL Pro topic areas are as follows. The links below will take you to the issue brief for each topic area.

The following links will take you to the Companion Learning Resource (CLR) for each topic. The CLR is like a digital magazine that is chock full of practical ideas for ESOL teaching and programming.

Take a look and share your thoughts here! Also, stay tuned for details about the online modules for each of these topic areas.

Cheers, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, AELL CoP

Comments

I had trouble printing the longer Career Pathways .pdf, It seemed to be damaged. Has anyone else had this problem? 

I tried printing the PDF from within the Chrome browser on Windows 10 and the print preview was completely blank. When I saved it to the desktop, opened it in Adobe Reader, and printed from there, the print preview showed the entire document. Try doing what I did and see if that works.

All,

We just updated the the PDF document and it should print correctly now. Please let us know if there is still trouble with this new version of the document.

-Milad

I have no need to print the document, but when I looked at the print preview, everything was there this time. The last time, it was completely blank. Have you tried printing it from a different computer? I've been having quirky problems with Windows 10 on one of my laptops, but not on the other, so it could be an OS problem if you're using Windows.

Andy and Robert, I appreciate your alerting us to the problem with the PDF. Thanks, Jo and Milad, for addressing the problem so quickly.

There is a lot of valuable information in the ESLPro materials. I think it would be wonderful to dig into these materials in some depth here in our community.

What do others think?

Cheers, Susan Finn Miller

Moderator, AELL CoP