Instructing and Learning

Hello everyone!

I am very excited to be a new member of educators across the world! I am a recent graduate from Washington State University (WSU) in Pullman, WA with a  degree in Sociology. I have recently obtained a position as an Instructor for the High School Equivalency Program (HEP) at WSU. This program is a federally funded grant that serves migrant and seasonal farmworkers as they pursue their High School Equivalency Degree and assists these students as they move into higher education, improved employment, vocational training, or the military service.

I will be instructing these individuals to prepare them for the GED exam. I am anxious, but very excited for the opportunity to not only teach these students, but learn as well. I look forward to working with all of you and transforming lives!

Cheers,

Kari Miller

Comments

Hi Kari, It's great to have you as part of our Community. I'm sure you will learn a great deal from the seasoned professionals who participate here. At the same time, we will learn much from you as you share your enthusiasm and creative ideas. This is a space where anyone can raise questions, suggest resources, and talk about the work we do -- both the joys and the struggles.

We welcome you! Have a great holiday!

Cheers, Susan

Moderator, Assessment CoP