Week September 16, 2013: Postsecondary Completion Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
Ongoing Group Discussions
- Questioning College and Career Standards – What does it really mean to be college and work ready? Continue the discussion here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/questioning-college-and-career-standards
- Education for the Cast-off Members of Our Labor Force – Join Tom Sticht in reflecting on Labor Day and its relation to our work in adult education: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/education-cast-members-our-labor-force
- Delivering College Information to GED Passers – Does your state provide college-going information enclosed with the HSE diploma mailing? We’d like to hear from you about what is provided in the packet. Add to the conversation here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/delivering-college-information-ged-passers
- Job Announcement: College and Career Pathways Specialist – The Pre College Academic Programming Department at LaGuardia Community College, CUNY in Western Queens, NY is now hiring for a Career and College Pathways Specialist. Find out more here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/job-announcement-college-and-career-pathways-specialist
Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/node/258/content/bulletins
New LINCS Announcements
- New Community Features – New features are being added to the LINCS Community each month. Read more about our newest features! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/new-community-features
- Happy Birthday to Us! – The LINCS Community turns one year old! Help LINCS grow its membership by inviting a colleague to join the community. To find out how, visit: visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/happy-birthday-us
New to the Postsecondary Completion group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/introductions-new-postsecondary-completion-group
See you in the Postsecondary Completion group!
The LINCS Community Team