Correctional and Reentry Education
Welcome to the LINCS Correctional and Reentry Education group.
The group is a community of practice for corrections educators who work in prisons, jails, and juvenile settings to explore issues related to teaching incarcerated adults, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Educational interventions that help incarcerated adults obtain the skills needed to get and keep a job, acquire a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Transition to postsecondary education or training
- Evidence-based practices that reduce recidivism, facilitate reentry, and improve public safety
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals who are ex-offenders
- Other issues related to teaching incarcerated adults and juveniles, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources
|Event : Joins us on the LINCS: 18 Holes of Ideas for Adult Learners Behind & Beyond Our Prison Walls||1||Jul 28, 2021|
|Discussion : Learning Disabilities in the Correctional Classroom||0||Jul 22, 2021|
|Discussion : Offline Office Tutorial Suggestions||4||Jul 22, 2021|
|Event : Advocating for Prison & Reentry Education||0||Jul 14, 2021|
|Discussion : Summer is upon us, what's next?||0||Jul 13, 2021|