Correctional and Reentry Education
Welcome to the LINCS Correctional and Reentry Education group.
The group is a community of practice for corrections educators who work in prisons, jails, and juvenile settings to explore issues related to teaching incarcerated adults, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Educational interventions that help incarcerated adults obtain the skills needed to get and keep a job, acquire a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Transition to postsecondary education or training
- Evidence-based practices that reduce recidivism, facilitate reentry, and improve public safety
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals who are ex-offenders
- Other issues related to teaching incarcerated adults and juveniles, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources
|Discussion : New Courses Being Offered!!! Jump in the pool.||0||May 10, 2022|
|Bulletin : COABE Online Entrepreneurship Institute for Adult Educators & Service Providers||0||May 05, 2022|
|Discussion : Second Chance Month - Word from the White House||1||May 05, 2022|
|Event : The COVID Pivot: Dealing with a pandemic behind and beyond our prison walls||0||May 03, 2022|