Correctional and Reentry Education
Welcome to the LINCS Correctional and Reentry Education group.
The group is a community of practice for corrections educators who work in prisons, jails, and juvenile settings to explore issues related to teaching incarcerated adults, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Educational interventions that help incarcerated adults obtain the skills needed to get and keep a job, acquire a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Transition to postsecondary education or training
- Evidence-based practices that reduce recidivism, facilitate reentry, and improve public safety
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals who are ex-offenders
- Other issues related to teaching incarcerated adults and juveniles, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources
|Discussion : Second Chance Month||1||Apr 13, 2021|
|Discussion : IET In Corrections - First Steps March 4th 3-4PM ET||4||Apr 09, 2021|
|Discussion : IET in Corrections: Virtual Learning Series||7||Mar 24, 2021|
|Discussion : Question about college class payment (specifically grants) for undocumented inmates~||4||Mar 22, 2021|
|Discussion : Contextualized Curricula for Inmate Students||4||Mar 18, 2021|
|Discussion : Adult Education Behind & Beyond the Prison Walls - An Educator/Administrator's Perspective||3||Mar 17, 2021|