Reading and Writing
Welcome to the LINCS Community Reading and Writing group!
The target audience for this group is practitioners, advocates, researchers, learners, policymakers, and others. The focus of the group is to explore reading and writing in the field of adult literacy.
Topics discussed include:
- Identifying essential evidence-based components of reading instruction
- Using content standards in English Language Arts and Literacy instruction
- Integrating instructional strategies for literacy skills, skill-building, learning in context, and family literacy
- Serving individuals with a barrier to employment including those who have low levels of literacy skills
To join the group, follow the steps below:
- Create a LINCS Account.
- Log in to LINCS with your account credentials, return to this page, and click on "Join Group" on the left menu.
- Select Daily or Immediate from the dropdown menu under "Subscription Type" on left menu to receive notifications and click the blue Update button to confirm.
Get started by exploring our Discussions, Bulletins, and Events pages (see left menu) and please introduce yourself to the group so we can get to know you better.
We look forward to your contributions to the group!
|Discussion : AEFL Week Celebration: Writing Best Practices Day 1||4||Sep 23, 2023|
|Discussion : Leveraging LINCS: COP, Learning Portal, and Resource Collection||3||Sep 15, 2023|
|Bulletin : See Reluctant Students Become Avid Readers Event on September 21 @ 3PM ET||0||Sep 13, 2023|
|Discussion : Is the Pen Mightier Than the Keyboard?||10||Aug 29, 2023|