Correctional and Reentry Education
Welcome to the LINCS Correctional Education Group.
The group is a community of practice for corrections educators who work in prisons, jails, and juvenile settings to explore issues related to teaching incarcerated adults, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Educational interventions that help incarcerated adults obtain the skills needed to get and keep a job, acquire a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Transition to postsecondary education or training
- Evidence-based practices that reduce recidivism, facilitate reentry, and improve public safety
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals who are ex-offenders
- Other issues related to teaching incarcerated adults and juveniles, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources
Who's in the Correctional and Reentry Education Group?
Is your profile complete? This pie chart shows the professional roles of Correctional and Reentry Education group members who have completed their LINCS profiles. Complete your profile to make sure the chart includes you! All information in your profile will remain anonymous.