Correctional and Reentry Education
Welcome to the LINCS Correctional Education Group.
The group is a community of practice for corrections educators who work in prisons, jails, and juvenile settings to explore issues related to teaching incarcerated adults, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Educational interventions that help incarcerated adults obtain the skills needed to get and keep a job, acquire a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Transition to postsecondary education or training
- Evidence-based practices that reduce recidivism, facilitate reentry, and improve public safety
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals who are ex-offenders
- Other issues related to teaching incarcerated adults and juveniles, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources
Here are the 25 most recent posts in this group.