Correctional and Reentry Education
Welcome to the LINCS Correctional Education Group.
The group is a community of practice for corrections educators who work in prisons, jails, and juvenile settings to explore issues related to teaching incarcerated adults, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources.
Topics discussed include:
- Educational interventions that help incarcerated adults obtain the skills needed to get and keep a job, acquire a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Transition to postsecondary education or training
- Evidence-based practices that reduce recidivism, facilitate reentry, and improve public safety
- Serving individuals with barriers to employment including individuals who are ex-offenders
- Other issues related to teaching incarcerated adults and juveniles, including research and evidence-based practices, policies, and related resources
Here are the 25 most recent posts in this group.
Welcome to the LINCS Panel Discussion on the Impact of the Opioid Epidemic on Adult Education
1 Like • 742 Views • 47 Comments