Welcome to the LINCS Science Group.
The group is a community of practice for practitioners, researchers, advocates, and policymakers to explore issues pertaining to teaching science in the field of adult literacy.
Topics discussed include:
- Contextualizing science in the 21st century adult education classroom
- Scientific methods, knowledge, and skills necessary for college and careers
- Using content standards in science instruction
- Health literacy
- Learning in context
- Best practices based on the most rigorous research available and appropriate
Participants also explore adult education’s role in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) career pathways and ways they help more adult learners, especially those from underrepresented populations, to enter STEM career fields.
- Online Course: Differentiated Instruction and Lesson Planning
195 Comments • 85,773 Views
- LINCS Online Course: Engaging Adult Learners in Science
86 Comments • 42,858 Views
- LINCS Online Course: Scientific Practices in Context: Curricular Planning and Lesson Development
16 Comments • 7,811 Views