Welcome to the LINCS Science group.
The group is a community of practice for practitioners, researchers, advocates, and policymakers to explore issues pertaining to teaching science in the field of adult literacy.
Topics discussed include:
- Contextualizing science in the 21st century adult education classroom
- Scientific methods, knowledge, and skills necessary for college and careers
- Using content standards in science instruction
- Health literacy
- Learning in context
- Best practices based on the most rigorous research available and appropriate
Participants also explore adult education’s role in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) career pathways and ways they help more adult learners, especially those from underrepresented populations, to enter STEM career fields.
|Bulletin : June is World Ocean Month!||0||Jun 14, 2021|
|Bulletin : Food! How do we ensure good nutrition for all?||0||Jun 14, 2021|
|Discussion : Using SAMR and Digital Tools for Science Instruction||1||Jun 14, 2021|
|Discussion : Online Course: Differentiated Instruction and Lesson Planning||229||Jun 12, 2021|
|Event : Live Session: Upping Your Game: Using SAMR and Digital Tools for Science Instruction||0||Jun 02, 2021|
|Bulletin : How does science know what it knows?||0||May 26, 2021|
- Using SAMR and Digital Tools for Science Instruction
1 Comment • 9 Views
- Live Session: Upping Your Game: Using SAMR and Digital Tools for Science Instruction
0 Comments • 16 Views
- Food! How do we ensure good nutrition for all?
0 Comments • 4 Views