Week September 16, 2013: Program Management Group Snapshot: Join the Conversations!
Ongoing Group Discussions
- Adult Student Motivation – Goal Setting – LINCS Region 2 recently offered the second LINCS webinar of the series on Supporting Adult Student Motivation. This second webinar focused on goal setting. Share your responses to some of the participants’ ongoing questions about goal-setting here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/adult-student-motivation-goal-setting
- Teachers and Student Self-Regulation – Join the conversation on how teachers are improving student motivation and persistence in the classroom through student goal setting and follow-up on student progress: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/teachers-and-student-self-regulation
- Self-Efficacy and Adult Student Motivation - LINCS Regional Professional Development Center (RPDC) for Region 2 offered a 3-part webinar/study circle series this summer, Supporting Adult Student Motivation, for practitioners in Region 2. The series was facilitated by Cris Smith, an associate professor at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Read the highlights from the first webinar on Self-Efficacy and Adult Student Motivation: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/self-efficacy-and-adult-student-motivation
New Group Bulletins
- Webinar: Managed Enrollment: Considerations for Planning, Curriculum, and Program Impact 9/24 – NAASLN 2013 Webinar Series invites you to attend a webinar on Tuesday, September 24. To register for the webinar, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/webinar-managed-enrollment-considerations-planning-curriculum-and-program-impact-924
- Job Announcement: Lane Community College Adult Basic and Secondary Education Dean – Lane Community College in Eugene, Oregon is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Dean of Adult Basic and Secondary Education. For more information, visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/job-announcement-lane-community-college-adult-basic-and-secondary-education-dean
- Job Announcement: College and Career Pathways Specialist – The Pre College Academic Programming Department at LaGuardia Community College, CUNY in Western Queens, NY is now hiring for a Career and College Pathways Specialist. Find out more here: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/bulletin/job-announcement-college-and-career-pathways-specialist
Have an announcement to share with other group members? Post to the Bulletin tab!
New LINCS Announcements
- New Community Features – New features are being added to the LINCS Community each month. Read more about our newest features! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/new-community-features
- Happy Birthday to Us! – The LINCS Community turns one year old! Help LINCS grow its membership by inviting a colleague to join the community. To find out how, visit: visit: https://community.lincs.ed.gov/notice/happy-birthday-us
New to the Program Management group? Introduce yourself here! https://community.lincs.ed.gov/discussion/welcome-and-please-introduce-yourself-2
See you in the Program Management group!
The LINCS Community Team