The group is a community of practice for practitioners, employers, researchers and policy-makers from the adult education, postsecondary education and workforce development fields to explore instructional and programmatic best practices, policies, and issues in providing career pathways services.
Topics discussed include:
- Coordination with education, training, and social service resources in the community
Workforce preparation activities include activities, programs, or services designed to help an individual acquire a combination of basic academic skills, critical thinking skills, digital literacy skills, and self-management skills, including competencies in:
- Utilizing resources;
- Using information;
- Working with others;
- Understanding systems;
- Skills necessary for successful transition into and completion of postsecondary education or training, or employment; and
- Other employability skills that increase an individual's preparation for the workforce.
- Postsecondary success and completion
- Program design and Integrated education and training
- Contextual instruction
- Standards-based instruction
- Work readiness skills
- Dual and concurrent enrollment
- Flexible wrap-around services including academic and career counseling
- Stackable industry-recognized credentials
- Strategic partnerships
Here are the 25 most recent posts in this group.